Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What Was I Thinking?

That is what is going through my head right now. I feel wasted. I did my 1600 yard workout in about 40 minutes. It was tough today. My arms were heavy today...I guess from my 100 pushup challenge. I was also sure that the weather was going to make it short so I was trying to rush through it before the lightening struck. I think that rushing made it tougher also.

The rain never did come, so I was able to run outside as opposed to the treadmill. It did sprinkle a little, but I was so hot that I wished it would have rained more. My workout called for a 40 minute run with 8x30 sec sprints. I was so tired that I was talking and yelling at myself to make it. I did like the speed play. I have never really done this when I run. I usually just run. Being able to count down the sprints made it easier finish the run that I never wanted to start.

Today I really thought that I have a long road ahead of me. Usually I pick goals that are reasonably attainable, but with the 1/2 ironman I am a little overwhelmed. I will do it though, I need to focus on how great I will feel when I succeed.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it without a doubt. It is better to have the hard days at the beginning than during the event.

    - Nathaniel

    ReplyDelete