Tuesday, March 17, 2009

starting for real now

Today I was able to get in the pool. My whole morning was a comedy of errors that had me almost walking out of the Y before my swim, but I persevered. I ended up only having about 25 minutes to swim, so I was able to get in 1000 yds; 200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull, 200 swim, 200 k/s/p/s. I have not been in a pool in about 6 months, and it felt really good to get back in there.
After my swim, I intended to run 6 miles. That did not happen. I did run about 4, but I walked a little bit. It was a mistake to walk b/c I could feel the lactic acid in my legs and I never get my legs back. I see where I have lost my multisport endurance. I have run that route quite a few times and while the hills are very challenging, I have never had trouble running the entire way. That is until today. I have a really hard time when I don't meet my expectations, but today I tried really hard to look at the positive and know that I have a goal now for next Tuesday.
I am starting to narrow in on a training program for my race and I will share it when I make my final plan

No comments:

Post a Comment